DUI First Offense Impaired
The MVD will suspend your drivers license for 90 days unless you act within the first 15 days of your arrest!
Call now and not only will we handle your DUI but we will also deal with the MVD and make sure your license does not get suspended by default.
We can put the suspension on hold and fight the MVD hearing process to protect your driving privilege.
A List of the Mandatory Minimums and Sentence Ranges*
In Arizona, the penalties for a DUI conviction depend on the type of DUI that was charged, and on the Defendant’s criminal record.
A previous DUI counts as a prior for the purposes of Sentencing if it occurred within 7 years (84 months) of the current arrest.
NOTE : The sentence guidelines below presuppose a completely clean felony record. Historical priors may significantly enhance any felony sentence.
First Offense Impaired to the Slightest Degree or BAC above .080
- Range of 10 to 180 days in jail. Minimum of 10 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend 9 of the 10 days if you agree to get an alcohol and/or drug evaluation, and submit to treatment.
- FINES & COST
- Approximately $1,800, plus jail costs. The more jail time that is imposed, the greater the cost.
- The MVD will suspend your drivers’ license for 90 days. You may be eligible for a work/school permit after the first 30 days of the suspension.
- If convicted you must get a substance abuse evaluation and comply with any recommendation or be subject to additional jail time.
- You may be placed on probation for up to five years.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
- The court may order you to perform community service in addition to any other penalty imposed.
- MADD VICTIMS IMPACT PANEL
- The court may order you to attend one or more sessions of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victims Impact Panel.
- IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE