DUI Second Offense “Super Extreme”
The MVD will suspend your drivers licence for 90 days unless you act within the first 15 days of your arrest!
Call now and not only will we handle your DUI but we will also deal with the MVD and make sure your license does not get suspended by default.
We can put the suspension on hold and fight the MVD hearing process to protect your driving privilege.
A List of the Mandatory Minimums and Sentence Ranges*
In Arizona, the penalties for a DUI conviction depend on the type of DUI that was charged, and on the Defendant’s criminal record.
A previous DUI counts as a prior for the purposes of Sentencing if it occurred within 7 years (84 months) of the current arrest.
NOTE : The sentence guidelines below presuppose a completely clean felony record. Historical priors may significantly enhance any felony sentence.
Second Offense “Super Extreme” Extreme DUI (BAC .200 or higher)
- 180 days flat sentence mandatory (no sentence range)**. That means that if convicted of this offense, the Judge has no choice but to sentence you to 180 days in jail. Of the 180 day sentence, 90 days must be served consecutively, presumably leaving another 90 days to be served on a non-consecutive basis.
- FINES & COST
- Minimum of approximately $4,000 in fines and costs, plus jail costs (which can add up to around $18,000 additional). The more jail time imposed the greater the additional costs.
- NOTE: Jail costs can amount to thousands of dollars in addition to the fines and costs. Some courts have strict policies against waiving the jail costs, so for a 2nd offense Super Extreme you could end up owing the court in excess of $22,000 if you are convicted!
- Your drivers’ license will be revoked for one year. Reinstatement of license is not automatic. You are not eligible for a work permit during the period of revocation.
- If convicted you must get a substance abuse evaluation and comply with any recommendation or be subject to additional jail time.
- You may be placed on probation for up to five years.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
- The court must impose a minimum of 30 hours of community service in addition to all other penalties imposed.
- MADD VICTIMS IMPACT PANEL
- The court may order you to attend one or more sessions of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victims Impact Panel.
- IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE:
- Required for 24 months after license reinstatement.
Get your questions answered - Call for a Free Consultation (480) 447-1100