DUI Second Offense Impaired
The MVD will suspend your drivers license for 90 days unless you act within the first 15 days of your arrest!
Call now and not only will we handle your DUI but we will also deal with the MVD and make sure your license does not get suspended by default.
We can put the suspension on hold and fight the MVD hearing process to protect your driving privilege.
A List of the Mandatory Minimums and Sentence Ranges*
In Arizona, the penalties for a DUI conviction depend on the type of DUI that was charged, and on the Defendant’s criminal record.
A previous DUI counts as a prior for the purposes of Sentencing if it occurred within 7 years (84 months) of the current arrest.
NOTE : The sentence guidelines below presuppose a completely clean felony record. Historical priors may significantly enhance any felony sentence.
Second Offense Impaired to the Slightest Degree or BAC above .080
- Range of 90 to 180 days in jail. Minimum of 90 consecutive days in jail. The court may suspend 60 of the 90 days in jail if you successfully complete all recommended treatment and counseling.
- FINES & COST
- Approximately $3,500 in fines and costs, plus jail costs. The more jail time imposed the greater the additional costs.
NOTE: Jail costs can amount to thousands of dollars in addition to the fines and costs.
- Your drivers’ license will be revoked for one year. Reinstatement of license is not automatic. You are not eligible for a work permit during the period of revocation.
- If convicted you must get a substance abuse evaluation and comply with any recommendation or be subject to additional jail time.
- You may be placed on probation for up to five years.
- COMMUNITY SERVICE
- The court must impose a minimum of 30 hours of community service in addition to any other fine imposed.
- MADD VICTIMS IMPACT PANEL
- The court may order you to attend one or more sessions of the Mothers Against Drunk Driving Victims Impact Panel.
- IGNITION INTERLOCK DEVICE
- Required for 12 months after license reinstatement.
Get your questions answered - call me for your free, 20 min phone consultation (480) 378-0807